Mt Morrisey Sun Peaks Resort - The Other Best Mountain
Webcam View from top of Mt Morrisey Sun Peaks looking at Tod Mtn.
Another insider info tip is how wonderful Mt Morrisey Sun Peaks is for so many reasons:
- All of the 'village people' line up first thing in the morning (ok - so a Sun Peaks Line-up is like 10 minutes max!) at Sunburst or Sundance, while we step outside our Stone's Throw Best Sun Peaks Condo or Trapper's Landing luxurious townhouse, strap on our skis or snowboard, and glide down the Morrisey Connector and right onto the Morrisey Express Chair Lift.
- You can buy your ski passes at the Morrisey Express chair - however we suggest buying your Sun Peaks Lift passes online in advance for the best Sun Peaks ticket pricing (up to 42% less!)
- Most people that start on Mt. Tod, stay on Mt. Tod, so it tends to be busier and the powder tends to get used up faster.
- Mt Morrisey Sun Peaks offers a great selection of green and blue family friendly runs that are braided with islands of trees, making for fun and picturesque runs back down to the Morrisey Express lift or over towards Sun Peaks village.
- There is also the "Washing Machine area" with single or double black diamond runs and great powdery moguls.
- Look for the decorated Christmas trees while heading up the Morrisey Express, which takes you up 398 meters or 1306 feet vertical.
- Even if you do head over to Tod or Sundance, if snow conditions get tired, head back to Morrisey where the lighter used snow and afternoon sun make for more enjoyable conditions.
- Mt Morrisey Sun Peaks is a perfect family mountain offering something for everyone and every level.
- The upper Nordic/Cross Country runs are also on Mt. Morrisey and are accessed via the Morrisey Express chairlift.
- Guided snowshoe trails take you up this way as well.
- The Summer of 2014 (see below) included an expansion of Mt Morrisey Sun Peaks ski runs in the West Morrisey area which will be expert ability runs and will use the same aspect as the 'Washing Machine' area, and provide even more awesome terrain which makes Sun Peaks the second largest ski resort in Canada.
- The Gils back country area (over at the top of Mt. Tod) will also see the area's vertical double with the creation of a lower ski out.
Click to view the interactive Mt Morrisey Sun Peaks map.
September 2014 Mt Morrissey Sun Peaks update: More work accomplished in this one short summer than since Mt. Morrissey opened in 2003 so well done everyone. We are thrilled to hear that our ski-in mountain just seconds away from our Best Sun Peaks condo will be good to go with the new runs by the beginning of the 2014/2015 ski season. It's just too bad I'm not a Black/Double Black skier, yet.
The western face now features a new run known only as 'G' for now, which has been cut, cleared and smoothed from top to bottom. It also now provides clear views of the Double blacks over on Mt. Tod (Burfield area) Freddy's Nightmare and Challenger.
You can either ski the full vertical and take the shuttle bus back to the village from Fairways/Mountain View Drive, or the connector further up and take Static Cling (Double Black) back to the Morrissey Express chairlift.
Two other runs, dubbed 'C' and 'D' will be partially ready for the 2014/15 season down to the Static Cling connector.
We can't wait to hear about the exciting new runs. But hopefully one day they will be better serviced as the resort continues to grow.
Our Favorite Mt Morrisey Sun Peaks Ski Runs
We actually enjoyed "The Sticks" for a warm-up run even if it is an easy and beautiful green run back to the Morrisey Express. There are numerous snow covered islands of trees which provide for some great in-and-out turns to get warmed up for a fantastic day of skiing. It is fairly wide, very scenic, and actually gets you moving at a fair clip (for a green run).
When it's time to head to Sun Peaks village or to Tod or Sundance Mountain, we enjoyed the Grand Return or the Midlife Crisis which are both blue runs that, if you follow the signs to the village, take you right down to the bridge to the village.
We haven't tried them yet, but when we met the Sun Peaks Ambassador and Olympic Gold Medal Champion Nancy Greene, she told us that the 'Washing Machine' area can be pretty intense, with Static Cling, Agitator, Spin Cycle and Cover Shot being cool single or double black diamond runs.
Like we said, something for everyone and all levels of skiers, and so close to our Best Sun Peaks condo at Stone's Throw and our luxurious Trapper's landing townhouse!
More about Best Sun Peaks Skiing and Snowboarding.
What is your favorite ski run - let us know?
Want more tips for your Best Sun Peaks Vacation?
Return to Best Sun Peaks condo info and reservation page
Return to Stone's Throw at Sun Peaks
Return to Best Sun Peaks Winter Activities
Return to Skiing and Snowboarding at Sun Peaks
Return to Best Sun Peaks Home Page