Sun Peaks Winter Activities - Fun For All Ages and Abilities
Best Sun Peaks winter activities - bring on the champagne POW
Although we love all seasons here, Sun Peaks winter activities are what Sun Peaks Resort is famous for!
And with the earlier Sun Peaks improvements to west Mt. Morrissey and the Gil’s on Tod Mountain, Sun Peaks has now become the second biggest ski resort in Canada in terms of skiable terrain!
Even though there is now over 4,270 acres of skiable terrain, 2000+ hours of sunshine, 337” of average annual snowfall (featuring Okanagan champagne powder), 133 runs (and growing) 3 unique mountains to ski and snowboard and minimal line-ups even during peak season, you don’t have to be an alpine skier to love it here!
Check out our winter driving to Sun Peaks tips.
Sun Peaks has won awards for how family friendly it is, and there are Sun Peaks winter activities to suit all age levels and athletic abilities. There are plenty of low-cost or free Sun Peaks activities as well.
And the best part is – they are all so close together that you can typically park your car once you arrive and not need it again until you leave.
With so many ski-in/ski-out hotels, condos, chalets and owner vacation rental properties, including our Best Sun Peaks vacation condo in the popular Stone’s Throw development and our family-friendly Trapper's Landing Townhouse, there are also many great Sun Peaks accommodation options as well.
If you need quality equipment rentals, check out our Sun Peaks Equipment Rentals page.
And you can save up to 40% on your Sun Peaks lift passes by booking online before you arrive.
Just a few of the many Best Sun Peaks winter activities include:
Sun Peaks Guided Winter Tours and Activities
Sun Peaks winter sleigh rides
- Dog sled tours – now you’re barking up the right tree
- Cat Trax Groomer Rides – groovy and cool!
- Winery tours or craft beer tours, with pickup/return from Sun Peaks (depends on availability)
Sun Peaks Winter Sports Activities
Nancy Brown looking like Nancy Greene
- Alpine skiing – three unique mountains to choose from, not just two ;)
- Nordic cross country skiing
- Snowshoeing - trails and tours for beginners to experts
- Waterfall walk - beautiful, relaxing and different in every season
- Fat Tire Biking
- Spa treatments! - begin or finish your day with a visit to the Sun Peaks Spa for RMT, relaxation, sore muscle, sports injury or other various specialty types of massages, manicures, pedicures, facials, and more - a great way to make it a special day.
Snowshoeing at Sun Peaks
- Bungyzone trampoline – what goes up…..
- Sun Peaks Tube Park – awesome fun for all
- Skating rink – new and improved NHL size rink now open for the 2016/17 ski season, located close to the village near the swimming pool. Refrigerated base for prolonged and better ice conditions.
- Toboggan hill – free and fun for the little ones (and right across from our Sun Peaks Stone's Throw rental condo and luxurious townhouse in Trapper's Landing!)
Sun Peaks Lessons - Enhance your skills with these other Best Sun Peaks Winter Activities and Lessons
- General ski lessons for all abilities – group or private - highly recommended.
- Gil's Glades Tours- learn where the best stashes of powder are and how to safely ski the gladed Gil's off-piste terrain.
- All Mountain Skills Camp which focuses on off-piste safety and awareness of mountain hazards, including terrain assessment, hazard analysis, overnight survival, as well as companion rescue with transceiver, probe, and shovel techniques. Our kids both thought this course was AWESOME!
- Beyond the Groomers Camp allows you to explore over 500 acres of expanded terrain (with steeps, glades, moguls, and exceptional powder skiing) in this guided ski improvement camp with their top professional instructor.
- Helicat Warm Up Camp which allows skiers to properly warm-up and fine tune their powder skiing technique in the legendary Gil's terrain while developing the necessary backcountry skills prior to enjoying a spectacular nearby Helicopter or Cat skiing vacation. Learn or be reminded about avalanche awareness, companion rescue, tree wells and backcountry hazard recognition with this wonderful new course.
- Fresh Tracks Private Lessons – learn in the freshest of POW
Click to watch this Best Sun Peaks Winter Acvitivites video - Caution - may cause uncontrollable drooling!
Other Sun Peaks Winter Activities
- Sun Peaks mobile massage or other Sun Peaks spa services
- First Tracks ski and breakfast - be the first tracks in the POW!
- Free mountain tours from the Sun Peaks Ski Hosts
- Fondue dinner and nighttime descent - unique and we highly recommend trying it!
- Kid’s Craft Nights – Fun on Wednesdays
- Family Fun Dual Races – fun for all levels on Saturday nights
- Family Fun Skating Night – Bonfires, games, and more. Kids 12 and under free with an adult
Sun Peaks Winter Schedule (2016/2017) Ski Season
- November – save 10% on 4 or more nights off our Best Sun Peaks Condo or townhouse listed rates
- November 19 – Sun Peaks Winter opening and ski lifts begin the fun (delayed)
- November 19 - Firefighters Annual Charity Ball
- December 3rd weekend - Winter kick-off weekend
- December 5th - High Five Day where just $5.00 and a non-perishable food donation for the Kamloops Food Bank gets you a lift ticket and access to Canada's 2nd largest ski resort.
- December 10th - Glenn Bond Nordic Camp Weekend
- December 16th weekend – Santa’s Alpine Resort Visit
- December 23 to 24 - skating, caroling, skiing and breakfast with Santa
- December 31 – New Year’s Eve family celebrations
- January 7 - Glenn Bond Nordic Ski Camps
- January 7th - Annual Family Cup Race Event
- January 13-22 – 19th Annual Sun Peaks Winter Okanagan Wine Festival
- February 4 - 6th Annual Bluebird Banked Slalom
- February 13 - BC Family Day
- February 14 - 16 Air Nation Sun Peaks
- February 24 and 25 - Telus Nancy Green Alpine Classic
- March 4 & 5 - Sun Peaks Nordic Festival
- March 4th - Sun Peaks Loppet, North Feet Dirty Feet Snowshoe Fun Run and Walk
- March 4th - 8 Sun Peaks Velocity Challenge and FIS Speed Ski World Cup
- March 24 - 25 - Hub International Nancy Greene Festival
- April 2nd - Party in the Park
- April 6 - 10 Sun Peaks Snowbombing Festival
- April 15th - Tod Mountain Days
- April 16th - Easter Egg Extravaganza and Tod Mountain Days
- April 17th - Last runs - prepare for spring activities and summer activities
Contact us to share your favorite Sun Peaks Winter Activity, or complete and submit the form below.
Visit the official Sun Peaks Winter Activities page.
Return to Best Sun Peaks condo
Return to Sun Peaks Equipment Rentals
Return to Best Sun Peaks Skiing and Snowboarding
Return to Best Sun Peaks Fall activities
Return to Best Sun Peaks Home page